Terms and conditions for providers
The Accommodation database has been designed to help QUT students find accommodation. The database is intended to provide easy access to readily available accommodation and supplements other search facilities external to QUT. To maximise the accommodation information available to students, anyone wishing to list available accommodation may add an advertisement free of charge.
The QUT Accommodation database is privately owned and managed by QUT. The decision to list or not list an accommodation advertisement is at QUT's absolute discretion. QUT reserves the right to not accept or to remove your advertisement from our database at any time. We are under no obligation to notify you or disclose our reasons for doing so, but this does not imply that any personal judgment has been made about you.
*** UPDATE AS OF 15 JUNE 2016 ***
- From 15 June 2016, a fee of $10 applies to advertisements.
- The University reserves the right at any time, and without liability to you, to:
- edit the information included in a listing if the University considers it inappropriate, discriminatory or offensive;
- refuse to list any property considered by the University as unsuitable for students;
- refuse entry of a listing into the website in the event of a serious prior complaint regarding the suitability of the specific property proposed to be listed and/or practices undertaken by the Advertiser;
- remove property listings that are older than 4 weeks from the website, without warning to the Advertiser;
- take any action deemed necessary in relation to a listing which is the subject of a complaint and/or which may contravene the law or these terms and conditions;
- conduct an inspection and audit of your property to see if it complies with general fire and safety requirements, and whether the property is correctly represented in the advert.
- In the event the University receives a complaint that a landlord or landlord’s property fails to comply with the law then it may be necessary, and the University will, if it sees fit, report such matter to local council, Office of Fair Trading or other relevant authority.
- Accommodation providers who have volunteered to have their property inspected by the University may have their property recommended by the University and featured in search results. This recommendation is at the absolute discretion of the University and may be removed at any time. The University does not guarantee that a property will be recommended for any length of time.
- Any such recommendation from the University is based on the condition of the accommodation at the time of inspection and is only intended to provide an indication of the suitability of the accommodation at that point in time. It is not intended to be a guarantee of the condition of the accommodation and should not replace a standard condition report when entering into an agreement with a tenant.
- Other than a recommendation given in accordance with the above, an advertisement listing carries no statement of endorsement by the University.
- The University accepts no responsibility or liability for the behaviour or correspondence of persons who respond to your advertisement.
- The University can in no way guarantee the suitability of tenants found through the website and will accept no liability or responsibility for any such tenants, including any failure of the tenants to pay a bond or rent.
- The University may provide a copy of your advertisement to students or staff to assist them in taking any action against an accommodation provider where there is a dispute between the two parties.
- Other websites linked from this website are not endorsed by the University.
- Current QUT students can advertise 1 property free of charge.
- No refund will be given for listings that are not compliant with Queensland Tenancy Laws and Queensland Fire Services.
 The 4 week time limit does not apply to "featured" listings.
*** END UPDATE ***
All providers are responsible for the management of correspondence and transactions with the persons who respond to your advertisement. QUT expects the provider will act in accordance with the relevant provisions of the Queensland Residential Tenancies and Rooming Accommodation Act 2008 and other relevant legislation pertaining to accommodation standards, rental agreements and bonds.
All providers are responsible for ensuring that any advertisement listed on this website by you or on your behalf is complete and accurate (and remains accurate) and comply with all relevant laws. Further information in relation to your obligations can be found at http://www.fairtrading.qld.gov.au/.
All Owners / Landlords or Sub-letters should note that you are required to have your property or place of residence comply with the Brisbane City Plan 2014, Dwelling House Code. For more specific requirements, please refer to Table 18.104.22.168, PO1 - AO1.1 & AO1.2. If you proceed to list your property on the QUT Accommodation Website, you will be declaring that you have understood these requirements and your property complies with the Brisbane City Plan 2014.
All providers (except students looking for housemates/flatmates or someone to take over their contract) will be given a limit of 5 approved listings at any one time. This limitation is to promote fair-use of our database because it acts as a supplement to search facilities for accommodation external to QUT (eg. realestate.com.au, domain.com.au, etc).
Please contact us if you have any questions.
QUT makes no guarantees about the number of hits to the website and does not guarantee that access to the website will be uninterrupted. Information advertised on the site is available to any member of the public via the internet. No responsibility is taken for the way in which this information is used, and QUT does not screen students or any other potential tenants.
Once listed, your accommodation advertisement will be available on the website for 4 weeks, after which it will be removed from our list of currently available accommodation. If you wish to continue advertising your accommodation on the database after this three week period, please re-list your advertisement once your existing advertisement expires, or contact an Accommodation Officer.