Finding a home in Brisbane
How to get started
- Students & Staff: please register here to view listings.
- Accommodation providers: please register here to access the website.
To search for accommodation
- Click the "Rooms" tab to search for a room in share accommodation
- Click the "Properties" tab to search for a vacant property to rent
To list a room/property for rent
- Click the "Add a listing" tab and follow the prompts
Tips to stay safe:
- Never give money to a landlord when you haven't personally seen the property
- Do not pay deposits or send money before you have personally seen the room
- Never pay money through a funds transfer to someone you don't know
- Don't trust emails that say "pay money and I will have the keys delivered to you"
Before renting a house or unit
- Read the tenancy agreement thoroughly before you pay any money and before you sign it
- Make sure you keep a copy of the agreement (RTA Form 18a in General tenancy agreement or R18 in Rooming accommodation)
- Be clear about the rent – how much, when it must be paid, and what it includes (e.g. if utilities, water, furniture or yard maintenance are included)
- Get receipts for any money you pay (bond or rent) (What is a bond?)
- Get a copy of the Entry condition report (RTA condition report 1a or R1). Carry out a careful inspection on the property and mark everything you see and take photos of the condition of the property
- If renting a room, find out about the house rules and any special rules written in the agreement