Terms of Service
Homestay Host Terms of Service
^ Go to Top
- I have applied to QUT to become a homestay host as part of QUT's homestay program.
I understand that QUT's consideration of my application is conditional upon me agreeing to the following terms and conditions.
- I have read the Code of Ethics and Guidelines for Homestay Providers and agree to comply with them (and any variations to them notified by QUT).
- I understand that:
- QUT cannot guarantee that a homestay student will be placed with me or that a homestay student will remain in my home for any specified or minimum period of time; and
- QUT or a homestay student may end a homestay at any time without advanced notice.
- I understand that it is the responsibility of a homestay student (not QUT) to pay the homestay fee to me and that I will refund to a homestay student any homestay fee paid to me for any period after the end of a homestay.
- I agree that the information provided by me on the following Homestay Family Profile form:
- is true and correct to the best of my knowledge; and
- may be used by QUT in connection with the homestay program and disclosed by QUT to actual and prospective homestay students.
- I understand that QUT is not responsible for the behaviour of homestay students and that I participate in QUT's homestay program at my own risk.
- I release QUT and its officers, employees, agents, and contractors in respect of any loss, damage or claim (including arising from negligence) which I or any resident of or person invited to me home may suffer in connection with my participation in QUT's homestay program.
- I will provide a welcoming and safe environment for homestay students.
- I will notify QUT's Homestay Coordinator as soon as possible if any difficulties with a homestay student arise.
Homestay Guest Terms of Service
^ Go to Top
These Terms and Conditions apply to all applications for Homestay.
Please make sure you have carefully read and understood these Terms and Conditions before proceeding further.
- International Student Services must receive this Application at least two weeks before you arrive in Brisbane.
You must contact email@example.com if your application is made less than 2 weeks prior to arrival.
- The student must not arrive at the homestay more than 7 days prior to the orientation or commencement of their course
- QUT will endeavour to meet your homestay requirement but this cannot be guaranteed.
- Confirmation of homestay will be sent to you after we received your arrival details and the QUT placement fee.
- An administration (homestay placement) fee is payable to QUT for processing the homestay application. QUT will endeavour to meet your homestay requirement but this cannot be guaranteed.
- A cancellation fee will be charged if the student cancels the homestay after the homestay confirmation has been sent to the student or their agent, except in the case where the student does not come to QUT to study.
- The student is required to pay the first four weeks of the homestay fee at the time (usually within the first week) of moving into the homestay.
- The minimum length of stay in a homestay is 4 weeks unless otherwise approved by the Homestay Coordinator.
- If the student decides to extend after the initial four week period, the student is required to pay the homestay fee one week in advance (for example, you pay for the fifth week of homestay on the first day of the fourth week).
- If the student wants to move out after the initial four week period, the student must give the homestay family at least 1 week's notice. (ie the student should give notice in the third week). If not, the student will have to pay one week of homestay fee to the homestay host/s in lieu.
- If the student is on vacation and not living in the homestay for one week or more, to retain the room the student is required to pay 50% of the homestay fee to the homestay while he/she is away.
- The student agrees to abide by the homestay family rules which will be provided in writing to the student when moving in.
- If the student damages the homestay family property, he/she will be required to pay for any such damage.