Do you arrange homestays on behalf of students? If so, you can register here to get special agent access.
If you've already registered, please log in.
These Terms and Conditions apply to all applications for Homestay.
As Agents, please make sure you carefully read and understand these Terms and Conditions before applying Homestays for your students.
1. International Student Services must receive Applications at least two weeks before you arrive in Brisbane.
You must contact email@example.com if your application is made less than 2 weeks prior to arrival.
2. The student must not arrive at the homestay more than 7 days prior to the commencement of their course.
3. QUT will endeavour to meet your homestay requirement but this cannot be guaranteed.
4. Confirmation of homestay will be sent to you after we received your arrival details and the QUT placement fee.
5. Information on homestay costs and fees can be found on our website: https://qutvirtual4.qut.edu.au/group/international-students/homestay
6. An administration (homestay placement) fee is payable to QUT for processing the homestay application.
QUT will endeavour to meet your homestay requirements but this cannot be guaranteed.
7. A cancellation fee will be charged if the student cancels the homestay after the homestay confirmation has been sent to the student or their agent, except in the case where the student does not come to QUT to study.
8. The student is required to pay the first 4 weeks of the homestay fee at the time of moving into the homestay.
9. The minimum length of stay in a homestay is 4 weeks unless otherwise approved by the Homestay Coordinator.
10. If the student decides to extend after the initial 4 week period, the student is required to pay the homestay fee 1 week in advance (for example, you pay for the fifth week of homestay on the first day of the fourth week).
11. If the student wants to move out after the initial 4 week period, the student must give the homestay family at least 1 week's notice. (ie the student should give notice in the third week). If not, the student will have to pay 1 week of homestay fee to the homestay host/s in lieu.
12. If the student is on vacation and not living in the homestay for one week or more, to retain the room the student is required to pay 50% of the homestay fee to the homestay while he/she is away.
13. The student agrees to abide by the homestay family rules which will be provided in writing to the student when moving in.
14. If the student damages the homestay family property, he/she will be required to pay for any such damage.
15. Agents MUST explain the Terms and Conditions of applying for a Homestay with QUT to their students.